This program will feature presentations on a variety of topics including new policies around substance abuse, evaluation of interventions for patients with substance use disorders, impact of substance abuse on special populations, new information on medical marijuana, management of alcohol withdrawal and medically assisted therapy for opioid abuse, and case discussions. All physicians and other health professionals are invited to attend this program.
1. Engage and advocate in contemporary policy dilemmas surrounding risk identification, evidence-based intervention, treatment andoutcomes for patients with substance use disorders.
2. Access new developments in medical understanding of substance use disorders
3. Address patients with substance use disorder with more confidence and competence
4. Identify national and regional experts and local colleagues advocating for patients with substance use disorder
5. Distinguish new models of care for patients with opioid use disorder